How many times have you heard someone say “I wish I could clone myself!” We seem to be in such a fast-paced world these days we could all use a way to leverage ourselves and our time. We have so many obligations and things pulling us in different directions … as I hear over and over, “I’m so busy …”
Here are the top 3 ways I believe you can almost “clone” yourself, well at least leverage yourself to meet all your obligations!
1. Use Your Time More Efficiently
If you were to track your time for one week, would you be surprised by the results? I know I certainly was! It is amazing how many time-wasters we have in a week. Or even a day! For me, some of my biggest time wasters were telephone conversations from family, social media, tracking time and household distractions. My cures were as follows:
- I had to remind my family and friends even though I was working from home, I was in fact working. Don’t call me during business hours. Even more importantly I had to learn to let their calls go to voicemail.
- I set a timer for social media. Even though spending time on social media was important, I could easily find myself going down a rabbit hole. Before I knew it hours had passed. With a timer I know I need to get in, get my marketing done and when the timer goes off I exit.
- Moving from time tracking to package pricing was a huge saving in time
- Again setting business hours and honouring them was important. I honour my business by not doing laundry or doing the dishes during business hours (even if they are piling up)!
A huge aha for me came when I realized that even though I worked from home, I needed to act as if I was working away from home. Once I began to respect my time and my business I became so much more efficient and was so much more productive.
2. Leverage Your Expertise and Knowledge
One of the biggest reasons people struggle is because of finances. They are putting tons of time in fulfilling client needs and getting new clients because they are intent on increasing their income. Of course, this is vital to growing a business and I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t be doing this, but imagine if there was an easier way to make money … even while you sleep or vacation!
Each of us has information and knowledge that others could benefit from. What knowledge could you share? Create an e-book with this knowledge or a recording that you can sell. If you are in business, you should have alternate revenue streams. If you think you don’t have something to share you are mistaken and I would love to show you how in future blog posts (or by speaking with me too)!
3. Build a Team
Building a team is probably the easiest way to get more things done and exponentially grow your business. |If you remain in a business by yourself, you will always have a glass ceiling in your business. There will only be so many hours you can work and so you will be setting a limit to how many clients you can service (of course unless you have products to sell too)!
If you would like to learn more about how you can leverage yourself and truly grow your business, I would love to chat with you and share some ideas personalized to you. Click this link to set up a time we can chat.
Also, if you have some great ideas of how you have been leveraging yourself, be sure to comment below!
Leave a Reply